Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Baked Zucchini Chips

Here are some Zucchini Chips I made, they go great with a Ranch style dip. I think kids will like this because, it disguises the zucchini so you can trick them into eating their vegetables!

I combined 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, 1 tsp red pepper flakes, 1 tsp seasoned salt, 1 tsp of garlic powder, and a dash of pepper. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
I used my mandolin to slice up the zucchini, but slice the zucchini the same width, thin slices about 1/4 inch. I put a glug of half and half into a little bowl, and did the "dry hand" "wet hand" to coat the zucchini.
Use a wire rack on top of your baking sheet, and make sure it's coated in cooking spray. Go ahead and start laying them out.
I cut up two medium sized zucchinis, and they filled up the entire tray.
Bake them for about 20-25 minutes, depending on how crisp you want them.
I served mine in a wine glass with and without wax paper, just because it looked so pretty.
See? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment