Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Spicy Gorgonzola Pasta

Sorry for the absence- holidays sometimes get the best of me I guess. Here's a simple go to dinner recipe that I constantly use, and change, and add to and use again. Love Gorgonzola cheese? Love pasta? Let's put some protein in there and call it a meal!

Start with marinating your chicken (breasts or strips or tenderloins) in some GOOD EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL, sprinkle in some kosher salt, a pinch of pepper, a sprinkle of thyme, and a pinch of cayenne pepper.

Let marinate for about ten minutes, so the flavors get introduced to each other.
Place in a warm skillet and brown the chicken, usually taking 4 minutes on one side and another 3 on the other.
While the chicken is starting to cook through, place your pasta in some boiling SALTED water and bring to al dente. You never want to cook your pasta all the way through if using a sauce, this way it will soak up some of the flavor when you marry it to the sauce and finishes cooking.
Once the chicken is cooked, remove from pan.
Place heat on medium/low and add in two tablespoons butter, and start breaking up the goodness that was left on the bottom of the pan from the chicken.
Add in one tablespoon of cornstarch or flour, and let that soak up the butter to a nice paste like texture.
Then I added in about a cup of white wine, well maybe it was more like a cup and a half. I added just a teaspoon of this bouillon base that I had found, instead of chicken stock.
Once that cooks through, I added about 1/2 cup of heavy cream and let that cook together.
Add in a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes...
and a handful of the crumbled Gorgonzola cheese. You don't need to wait for the cheese to melt, it will do that as you continue adding ingredients.
I added in some chopped radicchio I had left over.
Next add the cooked noodles in so they can soak up the sauce flavors and finish cooking through. Return the cooked chicken to the pan as well.
Some fresh chopped flat leaf parsley and voila.
A tasty dinner twist on the all too classic "chicken + pasta."
I like to garnish, so add a few pieces of crumbled blue cheese and a little sprinkle of fresh parsley on top.

3 comments:

  1. I really shouldn't look at these blogs while im at work. I'm so hungry now. Looks absolutely delicious. You should sign upto to that "foodie blogroll" thing, lots of people would love to see these excellent posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what's a "foodie blogroll?" haha, I have no idea when it comes to blogging, I'm lucky I found this outlet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pasta recipe! It seems to be packed with flavors :)

    ReplyDelete