Saturday, January 2, 2010

Yummy Zucchini Bread

I have had a craving for zucchini this and zucchini that lately, so here's my recipe for zucchini bread. And of course since it's baking, I love to add that tablespoon of brandy into it for a little background flavor that people seem to love. This was a hit at New Years Eve Brunch.


Butter and flour two loaf pans, and preheat the oven to 325.

Take 2 medium zucchinis, peel them and shred them with a grater.
It should make about 2 cups of grated zucchini. I blotted mine with a paper towel, just to remove some of the excess water from the zucchini.
In a large bowl, beat 3 eggs together until frothy.
Mix in 1 cup vegetable oil and 2 cups sugar.
Stir in your grated zucchini, 1 tbs vanilla, 1 tbs brandy.
Stir in 3 cups of flour, adding 1 cup at a time, stir then add the next cup.
So here's 1...
2...Keep mixing it together
and finally the third cup...
Once all three cups are combined, add in 1 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp salt
1/2 cup of chopped pecans. (walnuts would be great too) I also added a tiny amount of lemon zest, maybe a tsp of a lemon I had handy.
Pour half of the mixture into one loaf pan, and the other half into the other. Bake for 60-65 minutes.
Awe baby...
The best part of this recipe is that since it makes 2 loaves, you have one for yourself and one you can give. Or you can pop the extra loaf into the freezer until your other one is eaten up!
yum!
I think I'll go have my last slice now...

No comments:

Post a Comment