Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Carrot Ginger Soup

I still don't have my camera working, so for now I only have the final image. I know, I know...I'm working on it. Here is a recipe I made today for carrot soup...it is DELISH. Once again, soups prevail!

1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/3 cup fresh ginger, grated
good virgin olive oil
2 lbs of carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
6 cups of vegetable stock or chicken stock
juice of 1/2 lemon
salt and pepper to taste
pinch of red pepper flakes

(top with a dollop of sour cream, a drizzle of olive oil, and some fresh ground pepper)

In a saucepan heat up a drizzle of olive oil, add the onions and cook until translucent--about ten minutes. Add in the minced garlic and ginger and cook an additional 5 minutes. Add in the stock and chopped carrots and the red pepper flakes. Cook, uncovered for about 30 minutes until carrots are just cooked through. Remove pot from heat and use a hand blender to puree the soup, if you don't have a hand blender you can make batches in a food processor. add the juice of the 1/2 lemon and taste, add salt as needed and it's ready to serve.
I add a dollop of the sour cream, a drizzle of the olive oil and some fresh pepper for a little additional flavor. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment