Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Easy Zucchini Pasta Saute



Trying to clean out the refrigerator and decided to make a really easy zucchini saute. This will work for just about any veggie that you have on hand, tomatoes, bell peppers, etc. I had mushrooms and zucchini so that's what I decided to go with.





Put a pot of water on, and make whatever type of pasta you have on hand, I used spaghetti.

I cut up some button mushrooms that I had, and snacked on a few.

Then I took this HUGE zucchini and cut it up.

And stacked it to look like the leaning tower of pisa. hehe.

Saute some extra virgin olive oil with some minced garlic for about 2 minutes, to infuse the oil with the garlic.

Add the zucchini and let cook for about 5 minutes.

Once the zucchini start cooking through, add the mushrooms.

Continue to saute, after about 5 minutes I added about a cup of wine, salt and pepper to taste, a chicken boulion cube for some background flavor, and a pinch of red pepper flakes.

Once the pasta is almost al dente, strain it and pour the pasta into the zucchini saute. mix together to allow the pasta to finish cooking and let it soak up the flavor goodness in the pan.

Sprinkle in some chopped flat leaf parsley, and enjoy. sooo simple and tasty. I topped mine with some parmasean cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment