Monday, October 19, 2009

Cayenne Pumpkin Seed Trail Mix


I was talking to my friend John today and he was telling me about a trail mix of peanuts and candy corns that was delish, so I decided to make my own version. We bought pumpkins this weekend and I was craving some roasted pumpkin seeds and I thought "of course!"





So this trail mix has a cup of chocolate chips, a cup of raisins, a 1/2 cup of candy corns (cause that's all I had left from the halloween cake pops) and just over a cup of roasted pumpkin seeds from a medium/large pumpkin. But you can add whatever you want. (although I don't recommend adding pickles or anything that needs to be refrigerated..)


My mom used to make these every halloween growing up, but I wanted to give them a little kick. After scraping them out of the pumpkin, I placed them in a bowl and added about a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, a tablespoon of kosher salt, and 1/2 tablespoon of some cayenne pepper for the kick. Get your hands in there and mix them up well so everything is coated.

I roasted them in the oven at 300 degrees, for 30 minutes, shaking them about half way through.

Once they cooled I added all my goodies (raisins, chocolate chips, candy corn, honey roasted peanuts, and the freshly roasted cayenne pumpkin seeds)
and now have an excellent snack I can take on the train with me. Oh, and I carved the pumpkin while the seeds were in the oven. Hehe.
















Edward Munch's "The Scream"

1 comment:

  1. I have stumbled upon your blog by chance and what a lovely surprise. This is really creative and different. I really like.

    ReplyDelete