Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thanksgiving Day Cake Pops!!

Agh! These are too cute for words! Little turkey cake pops for the holiday, I mean, seriously? Ok, I know I have way too much time on my hand, but that happens when you're single I guess. Ha ha.

Make the cake balls as instructed in the Halloween Cake Pops post.

Roll them all out...I'm making 15 of these turkeys.

Now melt down some chocolate candy melts and insert the Popsicle sticks and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to firm up.

I searched several stores to find the perfect heads. I wanted the head to stand out from the chocolate melts that the "turkey's bodies" would be in and couldn't find anything in the color. Then I saw the caramels...Easy to mold and shape they were P E R F E C T!

You'll also need a black candy write for the eyes, Candy Heart shaped sprinkles for the gilds, and mini jelly bean type candies for the beaks. I found all of those at AC MOORE.
OK, make sure you have a clean surface and some clean hands as always. Unwrap a caramel and roll in your hand to get a nice circle.
Now...repeat 14 times...

Press the "beaks" into the caramel, about halfway. The caramel should hold it in place without needing a candy melt to bind them. Take the red heart sprinkles and gently push it upside down beneath the beak. Use the candy writer to make two little eyes.
You should make all of the heads while the pops are in the freezer firming up.
Too cute!
Take the pops out of the freezer and melt down some milk chocolate candy melts. Dip your pops in and use the pretzel sticks (each broken in half) as legs.
Just stick em right up there. Also attach the caramel heads before the chocolate has a chance to set. Once the head is set and the candy coating is firm, dip candy corns into the chocolate melts and hold in place on the pop until set. I used five going across, because it def gets time consuming!!
So cute!
Gobble Gobble..

9 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my neck of the woods.....I LOVE your turkey pops!!!! What a creative treat. I tried Hello Kitty Pops about 3 months ago and they were CHALLENGING. These look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i wish i seen these . i never thought of using caramel. guess i will try that next time. Thanks for sharing these cute turkeys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going to attempt these tonight to bring to a big work meeting tomorrow... I have orange candly melts left over from making jack-o-lantern cake pops for Halloween, so I'll have orange turkeys. Turkeys can be orange, right?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I can't wait to try these tomorrow. I couldn't figure out how to do the head and didn't want to use espresso beans (my niece would not be to thrilled to bite into one)- never thought of using carmel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This Etsy store is using your photo:

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/112296359/12-turkey-cake-pops?ref=pr_shop

    ReplyDelete
  7. This Etsy shop is using your photo: http://www.etsy.com/listing/112296359/12-turkey-cake-pops

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for telling everyone what you used, makes it better than guessing, like on other websites

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute, I think I know what I'll be bringing for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete