Saturday, November 7, 2009

Cheesecake Bites

I had to make a dessert for a small dinner party yesterday, and I completely forgot about it until an hour before I was supposed to be there! I saw in the freezer a Sara Lee Cheesecake, in the pantry I had some candy melts...and voila! Problem solved. Cheesecake Bites!


Thaw out your cheesecake from the freezer, or bake a fresh one. I was crunched for time so I just let it sit out for 20 minutes. Get a bowl full of graham cracker crumbs and set aside. I used a tablespoon measuring spoon to help scoop out a "ball" of cheesecake, formed it into a ball and rolled it in the graham cracker crumbs.
I lined a baking sheet with parchment paper and started placing my coated bites.
Just a few more..

Once you roll all the bites you need, place the cookie sheet in the freezer for about ten minutes so they can firm up.

Then just melt some chocolate or candy melts down and decorate your heart out. I just dunked these in some melted dark chocolate and shaved some white chocolate bark on top.
Make sure the coating doesn't harden up before you add the topping.
YUM.


No comments:

Post a Comment